Whether you’re looking for a floor or wall tile, beige bathroom tile, kitchen tile or feature wall tile, we have the perfect product for you! Our beige tiles are available in a variety of finishes and styles, so you can find the perfect one that fits your interior design scheme.
Beige: a neutral for floors and walls
Beige is a go-to colour that we see interior designers reaching for in our Canberra showroom, especially for walls and flooring throughout the entire home.
Beige is a colour associated with the earth, so it’s a natural choice for flooring and walling. You can choose from different tones of beige to create a space that’s warm and inviting, or you can use darker shades to create an elegant or luxurious effect. A classic combination is beige with white, where one colour offsets the other like black and white do.
Beige floor tiles are perfect for creating striking combinations in your home with complementary coloured walls such as blues and greens. They’re ideal for bathrooms too! The neutral colour of beige or cream tiles is perfect for an open-concept layout, as it will not distract from the rest of the space. Beige flooring can be used in bathrooms and kitchens, while beige wall tiles are great for living rooms and bedrooms.
Beige tile trends
There are many beige tile options to consider, with smooth, matt, glossy or more textural finishes. A trend we are seeing in the world of neutrals is a desire for natural, earthy, stone-like flooring. Here are some of the the beige tile products that are currently trending:
- Travertine tiles are a huge hit at the moment. They are similar to marble in appearance and can be found in a variety of beige, cream and ivory colours. A travertine floor, or ivory travertine tile kitchen splashback will tie a neutral based design scheme together whilst adding natural texture to your room. One of our favourite travertine tiles is the Tix Tax Roman Travertine Tile. This is a gorgeous light, warm beige mosaic tile that is hugely on trend. For a travertine look porcelain tile, look no further than the Perugia Travertine Ivory Matte Tile.
Travertine floor tiles are naturally water and moisture resistant, highly durable and versatile. This makes them an excellent natural stone tile for bathroom flooring. Travertine pavers are another product in high demand, allowing you to extend beige tones to the outdoors. These are a naturally non-slip surface and a stunning choice for pool pavers.
- Terrazzo floor tiles are another option that can be found in many creamy, light shades. White terrazzo tiles can often contain contrasting flecks of beige and warm stone colours. Terrazzo tiles give off an industrial vibe with their combination of concrete and stone. These can also be used for walls, kitchen splashbacks and various other spaces. Our Terrazzo Honed Corsia Toscana is a white based terrazzo with flecks of beige Italian stones.
- Stone look tiles. If you prefer something even more contemporary, there are also many tile options available that have a “stone look” but don’t actually contain any real stone at all—they’re made from ceramic materials instead! Travertine look tiles are hugely popular, as are terrazzo look tiles and our wide range of stone look tiles in warm neutral colours. For a beige terrazzo look tile, we love the Retro Beige.
- Natural stone tiles. We have a range of natural stone tiles in beige. Marble is a great way to add some opulence into your home, and there are some different marble varieties that can be part of your beige colour scheme. If you’re looking to incorporate beige marble into your interior design plan, look for varieties such as our Leila Beige marble, Crema Marfil, Naturella, Oscar Beige and Tuscany Cream marble.
Beige bathroom tiles
The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your house. It’s where you can relax, unwind and get ready for work or play. Warm neutrals found in a simple ivory tile, cream bathroom tile or basic square beige tile are a huge design trend at the moment, as they can be layered creatively with other earthy tones and textures or complementary colours to form a stunning bathroom design.
Styling your bathroom with beige helps to create the illusion of space by making small bathrooms look bigger than they are. Beige tiles are a neutral colour and can be paired with any other colour and creates a clean, fresh and relaxing. Exactly the vibe you want to enter into at the end of a long day.
What colour goes with beige bathroom tiles?
Beige is far from boring when applied with a little creativity. We are currently seeing colour schemes built around shades of warm earthy colours such as beige, cream or ivory, which are then being layered and contrasted with blacks, browns, terracottas, taupes, whites and greys. This is then heightened with textural elements such as concrete, timber and brass or champagne tones in tapware. Together these elements can orchestrate a truly captivating visual appeal and a seriously envious bathroom.
Here are some of the colours we love to pair with our beige tiles:
- WHITE The most popular colour combo with beige, ivory and cream tiles. Pairing beige tiles with any of your white existing tiles, walls or floors is a winning combination. Beige and white creates a classic, fresh, minimalist canvas for a room.
- BLACK Bring your existing beige tiles to life by adding pops of matt black throughout your kitchen or bathroom. We love incorporating our matt black tapware to achieve this look.
- BLUE The warm undertones of beige make blue the perfect complimentary colour. Natural, muted and pastel blues work as a beautiful pairing.
- GREEN Similar to blue, green sits almost opposite from beige on the colour wheel. For natural earthy vibes, combine beige with eucalyptus greens or sage greens.
- GREY We love to reach for a grey concrete look tile when pairing with beige! It creates a nice contrast between classic and industrial. Our favourite grey concrete look tile is the Blend Concrete Grey Matt Tile.
- TERRACOTTA The peachy, rust, warm tones of terracotta offer a nice layer to the beige colour scheme. Experiment with combining raw, natural and matt finishes of terracotta with more glossy finishes of beige.
- BROWN Varying shades of brown pair beautifully with beige. Again, like terracotta, experiment with contrast in texture, material and finish. Pair a natural travertine tile with dark brown, glossy timber or mid to dark brown stone tiles to create a dynamic neutral aesthetic.
Need some more help choosing the perfect beige tile for your space?
We offer free 30 minute design consultations. One of our friendly interior designers would love to help you choose the perfect beige tile products that will make your dream space come to life! Available in person in our Canberra showroom or online via Zoom. Book now!